Saturday, May 28, 2005

Reality Check

Six months overdue, I'm having my bachelor's degree graduation in just about twelve hours.  Not the twenty-thousand people, stadium filled thing, but the department graduation, narrowing it down to a few dozen graduates.  I'm admittedly anxious for a few reasons.  First off, I headed a committee of students for the student-led graduation, from helping decide music to food to decorations.  Somehow in between I volunteered to at least emcee the first part of the ceremony.  Just a few words, but thinking back, I don't recall the last time I spoke through a PA and to such a large crowd.  Actually, it might have been when I read a speech running for President of my elementary school (i lost.  not as cool as pedro.) but that was eons ago.  And when my name is called during the ceremony, I'm supposed to speak and hand out certificates to the three inspirational individuals in my life (i'll update that later).  The other reason of angst?  I've invited certain people from different parts of my life.  It's one of those "worlds are colliding" instances, if you've watched Seinfeld.  Old co-workers, current co-workers, family, long-time friends, recent friends in my teaching department.  Not entirely too much people, though that may sound like it would be, but a group of people I would never expect to be in the same general area ever, well, except for if I got married, but of course that won't happen any time soon. 

Whew, too many words to say I'm a little anxious.

Song you can't live without.  The Doves - Black and White Town   -- This song's too cool. 

2 comments:

Lan said...

Congratulations, Johnny! I hope the ceremony was fulfilling. They're all boring except for your own. ^_^

Johnny said...

Thanks :) I had fun.