Monday, June 06, 2005

Thank Yous

It's been a crazy whirlwind weekend, of which my birthday was the least of concerns! 

My brother, Vinh, and his wife, Susana (sorry, I had to use that term one last time!), today took off on their next adventure (again, sorry I'm romanticizing, but I'm listening to this amazing tune by the Duhks called "the dregs of birch" which sounds Scottish but is quite beautiful), this time moving out of the States to Madrid, Spain.  They stayed over the weekend and I got to witness and take part in some emotional goodbyes, but also well wishes for the future.  We had a grand time in San Francisco on Saturday, the first I think I've been with them that wasn't for a concert! (believe me, it was many a time).  Some shots

Cliff House (Susana, Mom, Dad, Vinh)



Me at China Beach



Shot of the Bridge from China Beach



Palace of Fine Arts -- Site of my best Nickel Creek experience



We also had a final bbq for them Sunday, my birthday. 



Anyway, it's hard to say goodbye, so let's just call it a see you later, or until next time.  Thanks for everything over the past few years and beyond, you guys, especially for treating me like an adult   It doesn't sound like much, but it is a huge deal. 

And finally, thanks to the friends who beckoned the call of the 23rd hour to celebrate my birthday!  Other things took precedence that day, but it was not forgotten (even though it was by me), so thanks for the phone calls and the eleven o'clock wine

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Lan said...

Oh my god. Happy Birthday, Johnny! You're twenty-three or twenty-four now? Can't tell which of my friends are old and younger.