Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Waking Dead

There's a reason I never took night classes as an undergrad.

Every 7-10pm class I have, everyone tells me that I look like I'm about to fall apart. It happened again tonight during our professor's long rant about how we need to believe in the philosophy of our program if we stand to make any difference against those fighting for a mechanistic and archaic philosophy towards education. I was actually really engaged, but my face and eyes apparantly were not. Now I realize why a few weeks ago one of my professors told the class to repeat a particular idea specifically for me (i was sitting in front that day). I thought she was joking, but it must really be because I always look smashed by 9pm.

That's the long version of why I need to get more than four hours a sleep a night.


As of right now, props 76-80 have all been rejected. 73 is 53% no as of this minute. I'll cross my fingers.

1 comment:

Susana said...

Christmas is around the corner... splurge, indluge... rest! And keep the golden line on the horizon of your thoughts: Next summer it will all be behind you for good!
Now, try to enjoy studying while you can. Some days while you teach, or at least while you try to, you might even miss it!