Wednesday, July 18, 2007

clutter

Well, well. Less than a month in and I'm already procrastinating!

I came back into town just about a week ago now and have spent the last four days looking really hard at different apartments within downtown San Jose - That, more than anything else, has sucked up my time and I do apologize for not updating. I'm sure many are wondering what exactly happened on my trip. Did I come back? Did I fall in love with Europe? (well, maybe no one was wondering ;-))

All the hard work paid off though! I found a great deal on a duplex that I'll be moving into the first week of next month - It definitely was not my dream at first (my dream being to live in the heart of downtown where I needn't have to utilize my car all the time), but when I realized the harsh realities of the combination of expensiveness and decreasing amounts of floor space as you get closer to the center of downtown, I decided to take this one. I'm ecstatic and a bit giddy at the potential of living here :)

So back to the trip. I haven't had a chance to sit down and write, but I do have an abundance of photographs, which you can view by clicking here. Quickly, however, overall I thoroughly enjoyed living in a culture that really differed from American traditions. And I'm not just talking about the food. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your house! sucks about it not being right downtown, but I agree, for better pricing and a bigger place, I think I'd rather live out a bit.
your pics are great! I like the ones of Madrid especially
and guess what? I got to meet Sara and Glen after the NC show on sat! it was way cool, even though I'm pretty sure I was majorly dorky. I thought you'd appreciate it :)
hope all is going well