Monday, July 25, 2005

Because I haven't had the opportunity to dress up and celebrate in awhile, I thought it'd be fun to post up some shots of my friend's wedding from tonight - My old manager, Bruce, at Blockbuster finally got hitched at the age of thirty-five and we had an alcheehol-tinged (my, uh, second of the weekend) reunion of our old crew. Hard to imagine that its been almost a year since I left and since we were all in the same room. I hope it doesn't take another getting married to do so again! ... Anywho, congratulations Bruce!







---
So, after being rejected in the random drawing to catch Nickel Creek's preview tour stop at Redwood City on Wednesday, I had one last chance to "win" free tickets to this invite only-by-radio-station show. KFOG passed out five passes to catch this invite show over the air, but alas, even with cellular and landline phonelines in hand, I got the message after about twenty minutes of redialing to a busy signal. Just wasn't to be, was it? I've even posted online on KFOG's ticket swap practically begging for a way in
--
Hi! I'm desperately trying to find an extra ticket to go to this private concert hosted by KFOG - I'm a huge Nickel Creek fan who would be forever grateful to anyone who is open to letting this huge fan come along. Name your price, either monetary or dinner, or whatever. I can't imagine the Creek rolling to town and me not being there.

johnnydo@xxx
408.xxx.xxxx
AIM - xxx

Thanks!
--
And no response, as of yet :-( SO. What does that leave me to do? Well, here's how desperate I stand. And thanks Heather for following along, if you're still up for it :-) Fellow Creekster Heather and I plan to meet up early before the Wednesday show, hopefully catching a glimpse of soundcheck and possibly find a way in. Maybe we'll create signs. Maybe we'll ask the guests who're going solo if we could buy them a beer to let us be their "guest" as the invites are allowed one guest. Who knows. But, if that doesn't work, we'll have dinner in downtown Redwood City and at least get to catch up, since I haven't seen her in months. Sound crazy? Yeah, I bet. But a night with Nickel Creek is a night of total fulfillment for me, and hopefully some of the very readers of this blog. It's our choice of drug. All seems right with everything if just for those few hours, and hopefully for the next few days. It leaves you smiling.

Must listen to song: Ryan Adams and the Cardinals - "Let it Ride"

No comments: