Sunday, July 31, 2005

Currently Listening
Day I Forgot
By Pete Yorn
all at once
see related
August? It's August?

Crap. I'm really beginning to freak out. By the end of this month, what was once a summer of carelessness will come to a screeching halt. I'll be going from working part-time to... being a full time student, part time assistant, and a student-teacher. I'll be taking my first masters level courses with a cohort that, after some investigation, includes many students who've graduated from more affluent colleges such as Stanford and though that thought doesn't intimidate me or automatically place them on a higher pedestal, the thought of having to deal with what I'll expect as restrained arrogance doesn't comfort me either. I'm freaking out because in a month, I could conceivably be student-teaching Kindegartners, first, or second grade. Please be second graders, I don't think I'm safe to be left alone with K or 1. Even then, I'm freaking out because I may disappoint my supervisor. I'm freaking out because I've never had courses run until 10pm.

August? Bring back July! I wish I could write this in lyrical format, otherwise it just sounds like I'm complaining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get 1000s of Links pointing back to Your Site... Starting Today!