Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Hold the phone, is this my third entry in a twenty four hour time frame? Can't believe I was able to finish a paper and scribble away at three entries.

Anyway check out Thievery Corporation. How to explain... They're the kind of funky, cool ambient music you'll want to put on to set the mood. They make you want to drift. Their music is derived from so much, primarily a lot of rhythm and world music. It's electronic music to a point, but it's damn smooth. Very chill and trippy. Kind of a nice change of pace from other music that I typically listen to.

And then what causes me to post about it is I was flipping through possible songs for graduation, so I naturally flip through the Garden State soundtrack because it's all kinds of awesomeness. What do I see that I overlooked and took for granted before? Track #9 is Thievery Corporation! What a trip.. I originally gave it a listen at Borders the other week and saw that it's #1 in the college tracks in Paste Magazine. Anyway, my hip and cool recommendation for the night.

Download Clip: Warning Shots (this song is more "radio friendly" but still sweet.)

No comments: